I don't care if you are an artist, writer, musician or baker, at some point we all get stuck. Maybe it's because you always paint or photograph or write about the same subject and you just get bored. Or you do the same thing over and over again.
So, the next time you need to come up with a new concept or image and you just stare at a blank canvas or page, try one of these techniques to get you motivated.
1. Take a workshop or class to learn a new technique or medium. I'm all about flowers and nature, but at least once a year I take a photography workshop that has me walking around the city where it's all about street and urban photography. It helps me utilize a different creative side.
2. Go for a walk or take a road trip. Get out of the studio. A change of scenery can be motivating and good for your soul. Tomorrow I'm going to the beach (even though it's winter)!
3. Get someone to create an assignment for you. Go old school. Think back to when you were in school and were assigned the theme or project. It took the guess work out and allowed you the creativity to interpret the assignment.
4. Take a break for a day or take the weekend off. If you had outdoor plans and it rained, you would reschedule your plans. So, treat this the same way! Binge watch Netflix with a huge bowl of popcorn and start over tomorrow.
5. Schedule time for your craft everyday. Even if you have to use utensils as your subject, just do it!
6. Google other artists and see what work inspires or head out to visit an art gallery or museum.